This is a shared resource. Please be mindful of your storage and processing usage.¶
NOTE: You must be on a SESYNC network or SESYNC's VPN to access this resource
Connection to the server is via Remote Desktop.
Open the Microsoft Remote Desktop Client and connect to: winanalytics.research.sesync.org
connect using your usual SESYNC username and password with one exception:
- precede your username with sesync e.g.sesync\tburrell
Up to five (5) people can be connected to the server at the same time.
- 8 cores
- 16 - 64GB of memory (dynamically expands on-demand)
- 250GB OS drive
- 100GB scratch drive
Please do not store large amounts of data in your user directory. Please utilize your project data directory or scratch space for data storage.¶
There is a 100GB Scratch directory on Winanalytics. Any files or empty folder that are older than 60 days will be deleted automatically.
- Please create a subfolder for your user and write any temp files or in-process data to this folder.
- Always move data you are finished with back to your networked data directory for permanent storage.
- STATA (arriving 6/2016)
- MS Office
- Adobe Creative Suite
Accessing Research Storage¶
There are two methods, you can either directly access the share on our file server or by mapping a drive to your file share. For sesync postdocs and staff, you can use this method to directly access your file share while at SESYNC or connected via VPN.
- Direct access:
- from your Windows desktop, press the start button
- type storage.research.sesync.org\FILE_SHARE
- Map a network drive:
- from your Windows desktop, click the file explorer icon in the task bar (folder icon)
- right-click This PC & choose map network drive
- in the folder space, type storage.research.sesync.org\FILE_SHARE