Creating a new group site¶
You can self-create group accounts to use with sesync and external collaborators. For more information on what groups are, please see Learn about o365 groups from microsoft.
- Open up Outlook Online: https://outlook.office.com/owa/ and click create to start creating a new group.
- Choose a name and set the options for your group
- Name - short name of your group, it will become and email address
- Description - description to allow people to search
- Privacy - Public or Private, can anyone at SESYNC join, or is this invite only.
- Subscribe checkbox - should members receive email notices from this group, calendar invites, etc.
After you’re done filling out the information about your group, click ‘Create’ at the top
- Add group members and click Add. We’ve had some reports that this throws an error message if you add them too fast. This is fine, the group members will still be added and you can check by clicking to the members section afterward.